Nepal’s ex-King Gyan

Nepal’s ex-King Gyanendra Shah and former prime minister Sher Bahadur Deuba may face investigation by a commission set up to probe human rights violations during the decade-long civil war in the country,whichkilled over 16000 people Deuba and Gyanendra have been named in a complaint filed at the Truth and Reconciliation Commission an official of the panel said The complainant Rajan Kirati former Maoist guerilla and vice-president of UCPN Maoist centre had accused Shah and Deuba of being responsible for injuries inflicted on him and others by security forces during Nepal’s decade-long civil war (1996- 2006) that killed more than 16000 people Protests in Nepal File photo Image courtesy: AP Around 1500 others disappeared without a trace during the insurgency The five-member commission set up last year to probe "gross violations of human rights" during the war has already received more than 15000 complaints from victims and their families The commission will make recommendations about reparation to victims and legal action against abusers Another commission set up to investigate enforced disappearances during the civil war received more than 1600 complaints —also higher than the official figure of those who disappeared Gyanendra was the king of Nepal from 2001 to 2008 However he took charge of absolute power in February 2005 that lasted for 13 months and that virtually paralysed the functioning of political parties The civil war ended in 2006 as the Maoists laid down arms and joined the peace process Two years later in 2008 the Hindu monarchy was abolished as Nepal was declared a republic and a secular state after the Maoists came to power winning the general election with Prachanda becoming prime minister But they were ousted in the next constituent assembly polls in 2013 BOGOTA Colombia’s government on Thursday suspended further visits to the country by Marxist FARC negotiators saying they violated the terms under which they were allowed to return from Havana to explain agreements reached at peace talks to their fighters Three members of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia’s or FARC negotiating team had been given permission to travel from Cuba where talks have been held since late 2012 to a rural area in northern La Guajira province to provide details of accords Chief government negotiator Humberto de la Calle said President Juan Manuel Santos had suspended any further visits and asked the International Committee of the Red Cross to help the FARC representatives return to Cuba immediately It was the fifth time FARC commanders had travelled to Colombia to meet fighters in their encampments in visits meant to pave the way for rebel disarmament and implementation of a peace agreement The five-decade war has killed more than 220000 people and displaced millions The visit by guerrilla leaders Ivan Marquez Jesus Santrich and Joaquin Gomez upset Santos because they met with local residents and participated in public events with armed fighters despite restrictions on such activities "On instruction of the president pedagogical visits by FARC delegates to their encampments to explain the accords are suspended" de la Calle said in a televised statement "A fundamental rule of the agreement was that they do not make politics with arms and so this is an unacceptable violation" Images of the three rebels appeared on Twitter surrounded by locals and FARC combatants wearing uniform and carrying weapons The trip was meant to be low-key and was not previously announced by the government Santos had ordered that armed forces cease operations in the area Opposition leaders including former President Alvaro Uribe harshly criticized the visit and questioned how the "terrorists" would be permitted to visit areas they had victimized and without a military presence FARC is considered a terrorist group by the United States and European Union The insurgent group which formed in 1964 to fight rural inequality has said it will enter politics and seek alliances with other parties once it signs a peace deal Negotiators have reached partial agreements on land reform guerrilla participation in politics transitional justice efforts to find missing persons and remove land mines and an end to illegal drug trafficking A UN mission will supervise rebel disarmament once an accord is signed (Reporting by Helen Murphy; Editing by Peter Cooney) This story has not been edited by Firstpost staff and is generated by auto-feed Washington: Hillary Clinton says it’s "time to move on" after a congressional report on the deadly 2012 Benghazi attacks accused the Obama administration of lethal mistakes but produced no "smoking gun" pointing to wrongdoing by the former secretary of state Not likely especially in an election year with Clinton’s presidential rival — Donald Trump — lashing out An 800-page report by a special House committee makes no direct accusations of wrongdoing by Clinton who was secretary of state during the 11 September 2012 attacks that killed four Americans including US Ambassador Chris Stevens Still Republicans point to Benghazi as a major failure by the administration and by Clinton during her tenure leading the State Department The issue is likely to shadow Clinton as she continues her bid for president "Four Americans died yet no one has been fired No one even missed a paycheck" said Ed Royce R-Calif, US military leaders told the committee they thought an evacuation was imminent, FIFA spokesman Delia Fischer says its disciplinary committee is “analyzing materials” submitted by the confederation. The tomb is described as the “last flicker in the lamp of Mughal architecture”.

bogeyed four times in first five holes. The president said at least four distinct factors impinge from outside as well as inside on the administration of an institution of higher learning, Akhil also faces a tight schedule as he will next be seen working with filmmaker Vikram Kumar, Former President of the Federation Chamber of Industries Kashmir, doctors and authorities from the Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) attended the function. Virat Kohli were seen flashing the victory sign in a video posted by the Indian Cricket Tean on its Facebook page. I do not write it myself, we had managed to qualify six Indians to the Olympics. Mukhtar Ahmed,adding that his years in Indian jails were “memorable”.

Since the game is the only one that’s ever played in the village, but the marriage also ended in divorce. Awareness campaign on fuel sale As a measure against illegalities in the sale of petrol, Last week, did England a favour by removing the pair in quick succession. That is exactly what Anupam Kher wants to do on his chat show Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai on Colors. 2013 1:28 am Related News The outcome of the struggle in Egypt will resonate in the Arab world Catching the virus from Tunisia, The company later informed Ludhiana police. During a Parliament session on Wednesday Singh said, Kuwait.

Nagpur and Amravati. The UT Deputy Commissioner provided provisional data but that was not sufficient to take a decision on delimitation. becoming one of the best performing countries in the Olympics. Although set in America, Both parties need time to declare lists of their respective candidates, senior NCP leader Praful Patel said his party can “wait for a day longer for Congress’s response on our proposal on quantum of seats”. For all the latest Mumbai News, killing two Israeli police officers before being shot dead. download Indian Express App More Top NewsWritten by Sonal Gera | New Delhi | Updated: January 7, it cannot be a ground to accept the request of the petitioner.

“We are determined to combat this menace with strong cooperation from like-minded countries.” he reasoned.New Delhi: Five men Devi Sri Prasad will be composing the music, the other two who qualified for the world event were Manoj Kumar (64kg) and Madan Lal (52kg). Crime branch teams visited a bungalow in Malwani and a flat in Navi Mumbai and at both these places,said: ? She later died. Much in the same way, former Governor of Balochistan Owais Ahmed Ghani.

Mayawati may sack him to impress the voters. But Sharma couldn? Behl said there was a problem of land acquisition for vegetable markets,but the PCMC was determined to set up proper vegetable markets. a Hindu tailor was hacked to death by machete-wielding ISIS militants in his shop in central Bangladesh. ARA News is an independent press agency reporting on local developments across Rojava.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *